Indiana Liquor Laws

In the state of Indiana there are various laws regarding alcohol, the procession, distribution, licensing, permits, etc.

If your event is at a private residence:

  • There are no state mandated rules.
  • YOU can supply your own alcohol.
  • WE can serve hard alcohol, beer and wine.
  • No permits or licenses are required.

Most people hire our services to make sure underage children are not being served, drinks are made properly, and guests are not over served.

If your event is at a rented venue, or a facility open to the public - the rules are as follows:

  • If you want to serve hard alcohol, you must hire a state licensed caterer whom holds a 3-way license. They are responsible for ordering, supplying, distributing, etc.

  • If you would like to serve beer, wine, champagne, wine alternatives, and malt based beverages- you have two choices.

Option #1

You can hire a caterer who has a 2-way or a 3-way license.

The caterer must order supply, distribute/serve,

and pay taxes on the beverages

Option #2

You can obtain a temporary beer and wine permit.

Under the permit the rules are as follows:

The permit must be obtained

The state charges $50

If Lucky's obtains the permit for you we charge $50

You must present a blueprint of the venue, with the bar location. The bar must be separated into a 21 and up area

If minors are allowed at the event


Thats, Lucky's Standard Beverage

There must be a separate area with non-alcoholic beverages

Excise doesn’t want a child going to the bar

Once the party starts there can not be any carry in

Meaning no liquor store runs

Only beer, wine, champagne, wine alternatives, and malt based beverages are allowed

Must say it on the package,

and be under 21% alcohol

There is no carry out services

At the end of the event all open bottles must be dumped out, so no one is driving with open container